Public Relations Coordinator/Staff Strategist
At C2 Strategic, the Staff Strategist is an integral team member supporting strategic communications services for Government & Business Services clients in Kentucky.
We empower our team members to proactively work to meet and exceed the needs of our clients by creating smart communications plans, executing tactics that meet defined goals, and working collaboratively with each other to create high-quality content.
As a member of our Government & Business Services team, you’ll work closely with account managers, clients and creative professionals for a range of external and internal communications needs including media relations, public outreach programs, digital marketing, social media management and more.
• Support account managers to plan and execute communications strategies and tactics
• Support client goals by identifying needs, drafting and producing high-quality deliverables, conducting research and sharing new and innovative ideas. Examples of deliverables are: news releases, newsletters, social media calendars, collateral materials, presentations and more.
• Plan, schedule, optimize and measure social media content for clients
• Organize and report time effectively and efficiently staying on budget
• Assist with other duties as assigned
• At least one (1) year of experience in the communications field in an agency, corporate or non-profit setting
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing, public relations or related field
• Experience in writing, public relations and social media management
• Competency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Working knowledge of media relations, print and digital creative development, social planning platforms like Sprout Social, media monitoring platforms like Cision, and email marketing platforms like MailChimp. Training on key platforms will be provided.
How to Set Yourself Apart
• Be Invested
• Be Nimble
• Be Persuasive
• Be Insightful
• Be Connected
• Be Humble but Confident
More About This Role
C2 Strategic has helped build bridges, move mountains, educate masses and create community consensus. Our firm continues to grow and innovate partnering with clients who are committed to improving their communities and team members who can grow with us. We are Louisville’s largest public relations firm and also hold offices in Indianapolis, Indiana and Lexington, Kentucky.
• A typical work week is 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday with a one-hour lunch
• Based out of our Louisville or Lexington office
• Reliable transportation is required
• Night and weekend hours, and the occasional travel, may be required but are minimal
• This position is full-time exempt and reports to Senior Director of Government & Business Services.
• Competitive pay (starting at $42,000 and commensurate with experience)
• Benefits package includes health insurance (part company paid), vision and dental insurance; 401k plan with company match; two weeks PTO; paid holidays and sick days.
To apply, please send a cover letter, your resume and at least three (3) samples of your work (social media content, news releases, etc.) to email@example.com.